Lamonby Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity with an immediate start for a Design Engineer / CAD Draughtsperson to join our client.
The company specialise in fabricated components, supplying to the commercial and industrial sector. Working within the Design Department, the Design Engineer/ Draughtsperson will work throughout a project to produce drawings and visualisations for concept, detailed design, installation and as-built phases.
The ideal candidate will have experience using Revit. A design background in mechanical engineering would be an advantage but not essential.
Key objectives & accountabilities of the role:
• Work throughout a project to produce drawings and visualisations for concept, detailed design, installation and as-built phases.
• Assist and support Design Lead in the integration of models and layout drawings
• Manage and coordinate the design works during construction/ installation and handover
• Creating, checking and approval of models and layouts
• Liaise with customers and suppliers on technical design matters
• Ensure specification compliance
• Develop a close working relationship with client ensuring all information is communicated effectively and efficiently
• Ensure the delivered solution/ product is reviewed and learnings are captured and shared with the design team;
• Develop, maintain and update standards for CAD/ BIM procedures;
• Setting up Revit templates and creating bespoke Revit family and content creation;
• Providing support for any technical queries from sales team, operations and external customers.
Person specification & Qualifications:
• Proficiency in Revit is essential
• Experience working in an engineering environment with a good understanding of the design and construction process would be an advantage but not essential
• Ability to work autonomously as well as integrate into the established team.
• Work efficiently and be able to cope under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
• Ability to interpret mechanical and drainage drawings.
• A desire to progress into a role where you can own and provide technical leadership on a project.
• Ability to develop, manage and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
• Good communication.
• Salary £25,000 - £35,000
• 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
• Other benefits upon request