Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new position for a Sales Engineer to join our client, a specialist in the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of innovative materials handling solutions. This is a field based sales role with the area defined as the whole of the UK. The successful Sales Engineer will ideally be based close to their offices in Worksop.
The successful Sales Engineer will have at least 3 years’ experience in manufacturing/engineering sales and will possess an engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, Degree) or a strong engineering background.
You will be a professional, smart, eloquent and driven person who possess both technical and commercial skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage at any level, develop and build close relationships with both existing and new customers, be able to produce accurate and competitive quotes and be able to source solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
Sales Engineer Role
• Establish new accounts and services by identifying potential customers via lead follow up and networking within a territory defined as the UK.
• Manage and service existing clients within the territory.
• Act as the technical point of contact on standard customer engagements
• Coordinate customer pre-sales meetings and determine technical requirements
• Provide onsite technical equipment demonstrations and oral presentations
• Identify the “best fit” product configurations for prospects and work with sales support staff to provide equipment proposals.
• Attend and work at industry trade shows within the territory.
• Meet established yearly and quarterly sales goals.
• Report directly to Sales Director
Role Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum 3 years working in manufacturing sales
A mechanical engineering qualification such as a Degree, HND or HNC, or a strong engineering background
Previous experience selling into any of these industries advantageous (power, rail, quarrying, recycling, utilities)
Ability to read engineering drawings
Experience with conveyors and material handling machinery highly beneficial
Possess both technical and commercial skills
Professional, smart, eloquent and driven with excellent presentation
Willingness to travel various destinations across the UK.
Able to produce accurate and competitive quotes
Sales Engineer Package
• £25,000 - £40,000
• Company car / car allowance
• Mobile phone and laptop
• Workplace Pension Scheme
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Adam direct on 02392 384650.