Lamonby recruitment have an exciting new position for an Architectural Technician to join our client, a leading RIBA chartered architectural practice based in Hitchin who undertake projects from multi-million pound mixed use developments to impressive residential projects, all from inception to completion. This is an office-based role but will require occasional site visits to provide construction and technical support.
You will be responsible for producing high-quality construction drawings and detailing for a range of projects in different sectors, although the work will predominately be in the residential sector. You will be proficient in AutoCAD or Revit and will have 5+ years’ experience as an Architectural Technician.
• Job running projects predominately in the residential sector
• Preparation of building regulations documentation, tender information and construction documentation
• Managing tender processes; documenting, issuing, analysing and reporting of projects to clients
• Site inspections, including liaison with contractors and subcontractors, site procedures and documentation
• Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
• To work closely with the Director to manage and deliver multiple projects
Role Requirements and Qualifications
Degree in an Architectural Technology
5+ years as an Architectural Technician
Proficient in AutoCAD or Revit
Job running / Project Management experience
Knowledge and understanding of current UK planning policies and Building Regulations, materials and construction techniques
Residential experience imperative with experience in other sectors seen as a bonus
Excellent design skills with good hand drawing / sketching ability together with good written and communication skills is essential.
• Salary £30,000- £38,000 (dependant on experience)
• Other benefits upon request
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Adam direct on 02392 384650.