Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an Applications Engineer to join our client a leading manufacturer of packaging and robotic assembly machinery based in Coventry.
• Develop and maintain a full understanding and appreciation of core competencies so that you can effectively create, present and communicate solutions along with technical features and benefits
• Effectively communicate, present and sell the business products and services along with the full range of USP’s
• Actively contribute to the strategic account management goals by building relationships with key customer staff
• Taking direction from the opportunity’s winning sales strategy, develop the best value technical solution to meet the customer’s needs
• Develop roadmaps that take account of technical and commercial risk and ensure the proposed solution can be successfully delivered without undue risk to either us or the customer
• Work as part of an agile team to constantly monitor and communicate changing inputs. This will allow us to efficiently adapt the direction to maintain the best winning strategy.
• Generate representations of technical solutions to reinforce the explanation of the project delivery
• Support the Sales team during customer visits by providing technical presentation of the concept, features and benefits
• Generate accurate costings to deliver accurate project hours to the business for resource planning and ensure tenders are commercially viable and the project schedule is maintained
• Support the preparation of / prepare technical and commercial proposal documents for presentation to the customer
• Evaluate, cost and quote engineering change requests supporting the project’s dedicated Programme Manager
• Take full ownership of the technical solution development, associated costings and lead-times but ensure the validation process is followed and delivered.
• Develop specifications for the supply chain partners and ensure they operate in line and with and demonstrate a clear understanding of the needs
• Support the project teams during the implementation phases
• Ensure compliance with ISO9001 and support a culture of Lean and Continuous Improvement by complying with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures
• Always demonstrate respect, integrity, trust and excellence in interactions with all colleagues, customers and suppliers.
• A relevant degree or be vocationally educated (HNC, HND, apprenticeship) in an Engineering discipline.
• A proven, high level of understanding of general engineering, machine building processes and project Lifecycle.
• Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft office, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD etc.
• The ability to conceptualise complex and value added automation solutions, through application and development of innovative in-house processes and incorporating the best technology available
• Valid Driving Licence
£30,000 - £40,000
Other Benefits available upon request
Type of candidate that could be suitable: Applications Engineers, Project Engineers, Sales Engineers