Lamonby Recruitment have a vacancy for a CNC Turner to join our client, a precision engineering firm based in Leicester. This position will be for dayshifts and you will be required to work a 39 hour week with overtime available during the week sometimes or Saturday mornings.
Your role will be to develop CNC programmes and operate Harrison, XYZ and manual turning machines and associated equipment at lowest operating cost consistent with quality and health and safety requirements. You will achieve these objectives by operating to instructions and ensuring the most efficient operation of existing and new facilities, machines and concentrating on tool care.
• To develop CNC programmes and operate machinery and equipment in line with process method specifications and machine setting, operating and routine maintenance requirements to achieve production schedules within specified times and with minimum down time.
• Operate equipment so that material is processed to target quality standards ensuring equipment and tooling operating conditions are maintained and product material is only processed when in suitable condition.
• Ensure tooling, machinery and associated equipment is all maintained in best possible condition to allow maximum long term effectiveness and ensure replacement tooling is ordered in sufficient time to maintain delivery performance.
• Assist in recording of output, machine parameters and efficiency records.
• Train new operators to raise the competence levels of our employees to improve efficiency and flexibility
• Assist in documenting all existing and new methods, programmes and times
• Assist the Works Manager in rearrangements, new installations and refurbishments
• Assist in developing new methods, routes and production standards, ensuring engineering, production and quality standards are met
• Operate safety awareness programmes and adhere to safe practices above minimum legal requirements
• Enforce top level housekeeping and cleanliness rules within all internal and external areas.
• Ensure Factory and equipment is secure at all times and assist in shutting down and locking up when required.
2+ years programming with Fanuc controls
Ideally engineering based qualification
Able to work to deadlines
39 hour week
Monday –Thursday: 7.30am – 4.30pm
Friday: 7.30am – 12.30pm
Up to £14ph Overtime after 39 hours paid at x1.1/3
31 days holiday (including bank holidays)