Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new position for a Sales Engineer to join a leading manufacturer of specialist washing machinery, typically ranging in value of £50,000 - £150,000. The candidate who gets the position will be based home based with the occasional trip to the office based in Gloucestershire. The successful applicant will be required to cover the south of the UK.
The successful Sales Engineer will have at least 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing sales with ideally an engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, Degree) or a strong engineering background. Experience selling into OEMs is a benefit as well as having previous capital machinery. Customers include Rolls Royce, UTC Aerospace, JCB, Perkins, Triumph, Renishaw, SKF, Delphi and McLaren.
The successful candidate will be a professional, smart, eloquent and driven person who possess both technical and commercial skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage at any level, develop and build close relationships with both existing and new customers, be able to produce accurate and competitive quotes and be able to source solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
Sales Engineer Role
• Lead generation
o working with office based marketing executive on targeted mail shots & e-mail shots
o following up mail shots & e-mail shots
o Use of LinkedIn to generate contacts and leads
o networking with relevant trade associations
o attending exhibitions
o approaching own existing industry contacts
• Relationship building with current customers
• Undertaking trials for potential customers (with guidance from internal experts) and escort customers on reference visits
• Proposal preparation and presentation - including liaison with design team to develop technical solutions to non-standard opportunities
• Closing sales and providing customer support throughout the system build, commissioning and initial months of running
• General sales and marketing duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
• Report directly to the Managing Director and Midlands Sales Manager who has been running the southern area
Role Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum 3 years working in manufacturing sales and a background with precision engineering
Engineering qualification such as a Degree, HND or HNC, or a strong engineering background
Any experience of the washing / surface finishing industry valuable (though not essential)
Willingness to travel, normally on the road 4-5 days per week
Prepared to spend occasional nights away from home
Possess both technical and commercial skills
Professional, smart, eloquent and driven
Willingness to travel various destinations across the UK.
Sales Engineer Package
• £30,000 - £35,000 with OTE of £45,000 - £55,000
• Company Car, mobile phone and laptop
• 22 days holiday, increasing by half day for each year of employment to a maximum entitlement of 27 days.
• Workplace Pension Scheme (auto-enrolment)
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Adam direct on 02392 384650.