Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new opportunity for a Design Engineer to join one of our clients, a leading manufacturer of conveyors and automated solutions. You will be part of a 6-person design team working for an SME engineering company where flexibility and a positive attitude are highly rated. The principle job activity is the commercial designing and detailing of conveyors and automation engineering solutions using 3D Inventor.
Design Engineer Role Responsibilities
• 3D Design and 2D detail of bespoke conveyors and automated systems
• Issuing drawings and creating part lists
• Site surveys
• Liaising with Project Managers and clients as required
• Generate accurate detailed drawings and BOM for manufacture of all relevant components, including all requisite details such as materials, finishes and welds
• Review external drawings / sketches
• Review multiple documents to ensure that you have gathered all relevant information
• Create model / drawings to company standards
• Ensure that if the design changes, it has a quick turnaround time
Design Engineer Role Requirements
• 5+ years’ experience working in mechanical design
• Engineering qualification (HNC, HND, degree etc)
• Experience (some or all) of Conveyor Systems, Automation Systems, Robotics, Special Purpose Machinery.
• Experience with Inventor advantageous
• Food industry experience advantageous.
• Computer literate with clean driver’s license
Design Engineer Package
£30,000 - £35,000 + paid overtime
Other benefits available on request
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Adam direct on 02392 384650.