Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new position for a Sales Engineer to join our client, a leading remanufacturer of parts and components for the Automotive industry. This is predominately an external role with the area defined as the whole of the UK. The successful Sales Engineer may be based from home with trips into the office as and when required.
The successful Sales Engineer will have at least 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing/engineering sales with ideally an engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, Degree) or a strong engineering background as well as a history of selling into the Automotive industry.
You will be a professional, smart, eloquent and driven person who possess both technical and commercial skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage at any level, develop and build close relationships with both existing and new customers, be able to produce accurate and competitive quotes and be able to source solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
In return the successful Sales Engineer will be offered a starting salary from £25,000 - £40,000 (Dependent on the individual’s experience and qualifications), company car, mobile phone and laptop and a pension scheme.
Sales Engineer Role
• Establish new accounts and services by identifying potential customers via lead follow up and networking within a territory defined as the UK.
• Manage and service existing clients within the territory.
• Act as the technical point of contact on standard customer engagements
• Coordinate customer pre-sales meetings and determine technical requirements
• Provide onsite technical equipment demonstrations and oral presentations
• Identify the “best fit” product configurations for prospects and work with sales support staff to provide equipment proposals.
• Attend and work at industry trade shows within the territory.
• Meet established yearly and quarterly sales goals.
• Report directly to Sales Director
Role Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum 3 years working in manufacturing sales
Previous experience selling into the Automotive industry
Ideally an engineering qualification such as a Degree, HND or HNC, or a strong engineering background
Possess both technical and commercial skills
Professional, smart, eloquent and driven
Willingness to travel various destinations across the UK.
Able to produce accurate and competitive quotes
Sales Engineer Package
• £25,000 - £40,000
• Company Car
• Mobile phone and laptop
• Workplace Pension Scheme (auto-enrolment)
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Adam direct on 02392 384650.