Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new opportunity for a Sales Manager to join our client, a leading designer and installer of plant equipment based in Coventry. This is a predominately external role, with the successful candidate to be based ideally within the midlands area with trips into the office as and when required.
The successful Sales Engineer will be a professional, smart, eloquent and driven person who possess both technical and commercial skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage at any level, develop and build close relationships with both existing and new customers, be able to produce accurate and competitive quotes as well as fill out tenders and be able to source solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years technical sales experience and will ideally be qualified in an engineering or chemical discipline i.e. NVQ, HNC etc. with previous experience selling capital equipment seen as a beneficial.
In return, you will receive a starting salary between £35,000 - £45,000 As well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays and auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme as well as life assurance.
• Increase sales in assigned sectors and accounts
• Sales across the entire product and services portfolio
• Lead the creation of comprehensive and compelling proposal/quotation documents (Working closely with Engineering and Estimation teams)
• Identify and cultivate new business prospects in existing, adjacent, and new market areas
• Maintain and develop existing accounts, and key contact relationships, to optimise potential sales - through clear understanding of current and future requirements
• Proactively identify new prospective customers/accounts/application areas
• Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
• Act accountably and deal effectively with, and/or escalate, customer complaints and concerns
• Identify new lead generation initiatives: including events/exhibitions; literature and customer seminars
• Assist in developing Sales & Marketing strategy and plan for region
• Exceed sales target for assigned territory, sector, accounts
• Work to agreed sales plan and present monthly, quarterly and yearly figures
• 5+ years’ experience in technical sales
• Ideally experience in a plant/capital equipment sales
• Qualified in either an engineering or chemical background (NVQ, HNC, HND, Degree etc)
• Able to initiate, progress, and close business through relationship building, account management, and compelling proposal creation.
• Proven track record of achieving and exceeding results targets
• Strong commercial and technical experience
Sales Manager Package
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum + commission
25 days holiday + 8
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Adam direct on 02392 384650.