Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new position for a Technical Sales Manager to join a leading manufacturer of manufacturer of adhesives and sealants based in Corby. The role is internal, and the successful applicant will be based in the company’s Corby office.
The successful Technical Sales Manager will be a professional, smart, eloquent and driven person who possess both technical and commercial skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage at any level, develop and build close relationships with both existing and new customers, be able to produce accurate and competitive quotes as well as fill out tenders and be able to source solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
You must have a technical engineering background with prior knowledge of adhesives and Sealants. Ideally, you will be qualified to at least an HNC level in an Engineering or Scientific discipline and will have 3+ years sales experience.
In return the successful Technical Sales Manager will be offered a starting salary of £35,000-£45,000, 20 days + 8 for holidays and a company pension scheme.
• Promote sales of Company’s branded products into industrial and construction end users, OEMs and distribution networks.
• Ensure sales growth and profitability targets are achieved and exercise budgetary control.
• Develop relationships with existing customers to increase business potential. Have the ability to present complex ranges and to negotiate at senior level.
• Seek and close new OEM customers.
• Gather market intelligence to encompass total market size, market shares, growth opportunities etc. and make market assessments. Evaluate the effectiveness of existing distribution channels, sales, marketing, and support services in relationship to our capabilities and our competitors’ position.
• Prepare a monthly management report for the Sales Director.
Ideally qualified to HNC level in engineering or scientific discipline
adhesives & sealants knowledge
3+ years sales experience
New Business Hunter
Excellent communication and influencing skills
Able and willing to travel widely
Highly motivated, driven and determined
Preferably degree-level educated
£35,000 - £45,000
20 + 8 days holiday