Job Profile: Senior Architectural Technician – Job Ref – 13141
Lamonby recruitment have a new exciting opportunity for a Senior Architectural Technician to join our client, a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. The firm has a strong reputation both locally and regionally for providing high quality professional advice.
Their planning team has over 100 years of collective experience in the delivery of every kind of planning application. We serve a large and expanding client base, across a broad range of sectors – from outset to completion. The Shrewsbury office has a strong team of Planning Consultants and to support this work we provide in-house architectural services to existing and new customers with agricultural, residential, commercial and development property interests.
Their portfolio of work has grown to such an extent there is now a need to appoint an additional individuals to provide architectural services within the Shrewsbury office. You will be joining a team of three architectural technicians and a Design Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career amongst a highly supportive and successful team.
Responsibilities / Duties:
Based in Shrewsbury, this individual would work with the planners, surveyors and building surveyors within the office.
• Prepare detailed planning drawings for a range of planning applications
• Prepare working drawings and construction notes for development projects
• Undertake building surveys
• Prepare Building Regulations applications
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individual with a “can-do” attitude. In particular the following attributes are desirable:
• Understanding of the planning system
• IT literate & proficiency in AutoCAD
• Previous design experience
• Good communication skills
• Strength in time management, administration and organisation
• Ability and confidence in dealing with clients
• Strong characters, confident and good networking skills
• Flexible and adaptable
The role sits within a friendly and supportive team.
• £32,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cash plan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST