Lamonby recruitment have a new opportunity for a Commercial contracts manager to join our client, a building services and facilities Management Company based in Romford.
• To provide operational supplier performance management for a portfolio of allocated contracts.
• Must hold commercial gas qualifications and be willing to assist with call outs (hands on).
• To develop and manage a portfolio of contracts and tenders that reflect customers’ needs and take account of legislation , Health & Safety, fraud prevention, sustainability and workforce issues.
• To assist and facilitate in all aspects of the commercial contract portfolio procurement in conjunction with procurement and technical specialists.
• To lead the operational delivery and monitoring of contracts and supplier performance. To develop new contracts as needs are identified and agree a programme of contracting activity to ensure all contracts are negotiated correctly.
• To be responsible for the achievement, calculation, monitoring and reporting of savings for the portfolio of contracts allocated.
• To negotiate Statements of Work with clients and subcontractors.
• Responsible for the delivery of planned commitments to the client, managing performance to SLAs and against KPI’s.
• To carry out surveys and produce technical specifications, drawings and any other documentation as required.
• Provide technical support and advice.
• To manage a team of Contracts Managers / Supervisors
• To commercially manage all supply chain and supplier performance activity within their contract portfolio, implementing sustainable solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency improvements.
• To check invoices ensuring discounts have been given where applicable and prices are correct, requesting credits when necessary.
• Maintenance and correlation of all records, files and incoming documents, ensuring databases are kept up to date and the project is kept within budget.
• To organise and attend regular contract meetings.
• Experience of working in teams and managing all on site labour and performing risk assessments and method statements.
• Experience in commercial negotiation with clients, customers and sub-contractors.
• Managerial experience at Contract Management level within a technical environment. Ideally educated to HND level and demonstrate a career with continuous personal development.
• Knowledge and an ability to refer to applicable industry standards such as British Standards, ACOP’s, CIBSE, TM’s, and an understanding of the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.