Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new opportunity for a Project Design Engineer to join our client, a multi-disciplined, innovative engineering firm based in Liverpool.
You will be required to produce sheet metal and fabrication drawings for a mixture of projects and will oversee the project from conception to installation. The role will involve site visits to sites around the NW of England (Liverpool, Manchester, Crewe etc)
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience as a Project Engineer as well as 2 years’ experience with sheet metal and fabrication drawings. You will be required to use either Solidworks or Inventor software and will ideally qualified to an HNC level in an engineering discipline. This role may also suit Design Engineers looking to transition to a project role.
In return, the successful Project Design Engineer will receive a starting salary between £28,000 - £33,000, 20 days holiday + 8 and a matched company pension.
Project Design Engineer Responsibilities
• To design and prepare layout drawings, fabrication drawings, detail, and general arrangement drawings to cover all aspects of design for machines, steelwork, special purpose equipment, all other associated work i.e. ducting and sheet metalwork etc., conceptual and detailed design.
• To liaise with the customer, engineering management, and attend site meetings to ensure exacting requirements are maintained with strict adherence to current and relevant design criteria and standards.
• To fully survey the planned installation of the work to be carried out, taking into account site access, local services, drainage, other equipment, the customers’ operation processes, operating times, other activities in the general area, site storage and security, safe route for handling of equipment etc. to the area.
• Design in strict accordance with all Regulation and Directives.
• Prepare Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
• Organise and attend regular multi-disciplinary design reviews.
• Produce required legislative documentation.
• Generation of ‘Design, Operation and Maintenance’ and ‘Hand-Over on completion’ documentation.
• Purchase of materials from approved suppliers in correct timescale and correct price, monitoring of budgets and project plans.
• Liaison with customers and suppliers.
• Provide support to the engineering department and its other disciplines.
• Provide customer support, as required.
• Issue all approved drawings, material lists etc. to the shop floor involving the General Supervisor, and to monitor progress throughout the production stage and installation, including the onsite management of the installation (if required).
• Prepare quotations from customer enquiries in line with the Acer Engineering pricing model.
• To liaise with the customer throughout the project, keeping him informed of progress, timing etc. and to ensure his complete satisfaction from initial contact through to the project completion.
• To check all delivery notes and invoices received for each project, satisfy in full the purchase price and quantities. Any shortfall returns or discrepancies to be dealt with immediately.
2 years’ experience as a project engineer as well as 2 years’ experience with sheet metal and fabrication drawings
Qualified to at least an HNC level
Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks experience
Project Design Engineer Package
Starting salary between £28,000 - £33,000
20 days holiday + 8